What is Erie Gives?
Erie Gives began in 2011 in honor of The Erie Community Foundation’s 75th Anniversary. Erie Gives 2019 will take place on August 13, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
During this 12-hour period of online giving, a portion of the prorated match pool will be added to each donation you make to your favorite nonprofit(s) when you donate through this website.
North East Non Profits include:
- 4 N.I.N.E. Place
- Community Nursing Services of North East
- Downtown North East, Inc.
- First Presbyterian Church of North East
- North East Arts Council
- North East Community Food Pantry
- North East Community Foundation
- North East Education Foundation
- Project Love, Inc.
What you need to know:
Day and Time: The event takes place on August 13. You have 12 hours to make your donation between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. EST.
Participating Nonprofits: Your organization must be a 501(c)(3), serve Erie County and either be a member of The Nonprofit Partnership or have an Agency Endowment with The Erie Community Foundation to participate in Erie Gives.
Gift Amount: The minimum gift is $25. There is no limit to the amount of money you may give. There is no limit to the number of organizations you can donate to in a transaction.
Credit Cards: Only Visa, MasterCard and Discover will be accepted. The credit card processor charges a nominal fee per transaction. The Erie Community Foundation does not receive any fees. Sorry, credit card gift cards will not be accepted.
Checks: New to Erie Gives 2019, donors can write a check for their Erie Gives donation.
- Checks must be made out to The Erie Community Foundation.
- All check donations must be accompanied by a Check Donation Form. The check Donation Form will be available for download beginning June 13, 2019.
- Checks must be delivered to The Erie Community Foundation (459 West 6th Street, Erie, PA 16507) no later than Monday, August 12, 2019.
Prorated Match: The Erie Community Foundation and our sponsors will enhance donors’ gifts by providing a prorated match to each gift made to a nonprofit.
Your Receipt: You will receive an email receipt of your gift, which you should retain for tax purposes. Unless you choose to remain anonymous, your donor information will be sent to the appropriate organizations.
When will the Nonprofits receive your donation: The nonprofits will receive your donation, plus The Erie Community Foundation’s prorated match, on Tuesday, August 27, 2019, at our Erie Gives Check Distribution Day.