Job Purpose: Serve customers in person and over the phone. Assist with daily office operations. Assist at Chamber sponsored events.
Hours: Part-time, 20 to 25 hours per week. June 2019 through January 2020. Monday –Saturday, Some events require Saturday & Sunday hours.
*** Will be required to attend and work special events, specifically WineFest 2019 which will require lengthier hours. Overall hours will be flexible based on event and office needs. ***
- Project a positive, concerned, energetic and helpful image to the community and membership.
- Greet customers (residents, visitors and members) in person and over the phone. Answer questions and provide assistance to the satisfaction of the customer in a friendly, professional and courteous manner.
- Complete merchandise, gift certificate and ticket sale transactions utilizing a cash register and credit card machine.
- Deliver information to or pick up items from chamber members and businesses.
- Keep brochure, tourist and community information organized and current.
- Assist in restocking retail inventory. Assist in keeping retail space orderly.
- Open daily mail and distribute accordingly. Process outgoing mailings.
- Provide copy and fax service for members, non-members and chamber staff.
- Assist with filing, maintaining office supplies, preparing board/committee materials and other general office duties as needed or directed.
Events, membership, etc.
- Assist with event planning and execution as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
Friendly, courteous and professional. Ability and desire to seek out answers when assisting customers. Knowledge of North East and surrounding region with the ability to answer questions about the community and provide direction. Detailed and meticulous. General office experience and ability to use telephone, copier, cash register and credit card machine. Computer skills (Microsoft Office) and Internet skills. Verbal and written communication skills. Work at events will require heavy lifting, long hours and long periods of standing and walking.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE TO APPLY: WEDNESDAY, MAY 8